Tuesday 21 November 2017

Lazy Saxophone, Lonely Dog



            My plan on Monday was to take my broken boot with me to work and then to stop at a shoe repair place in my neighbourhood on the way home. But since I had some time before work I made my first call with the new phone and rang one up that was at Dundas and Gladstone. Their message though said they were closed on Mondays. Of course I could have just gone to another cobbler but I thought the name “Sole Survivor” was cool so I decided that my footwear dilemma could wait until Tuesday and I would shod myself in my old black steel toed Italian shoes that my late cats enjoyed scratching so much.
            I worked at around midday at OCADU for Terry Schoffner, who's one of my favourite instructors to work for. Just before I started posing he held up a fedora to me from across the room. I said, “If you want.” So he tossed it to me like a Frisbee and I wore a hat for the first time in a couple of decades. He explained later that the class assignment was to do a portrait of someone wearing a hat. He told me that it looked really good and I heard him comment to one of his students about their work, “Christian meets Mick Jagger.”
            Another thing I like about my new phone is that when I use the countdown timer it saves each amount of time I count down. For instance, last Friday night when I set it for 20 minutes it saved that setting so I didn’t have to type in “20” this time. It just popped up when I called up the timer.
It also has a front and back camera and I was going to try out the selfie camera at the end to take a picture of myself wearing the hat but Terry asked for the hat back when I was finished.
I stopped at Freshco on the way home where I bought grapes, a whole chicken and a cottage roll among a few other things.
I roasted the chicken and boiled a squash. I watched an episode of Mike Hammer that presented an unrealistic scenario. Hammer received a letter from someone saying that he’s being held against his will in a mental hospital. The unlikely part involved Hammer getting on a plane and flying upstate to check out the man’s story. It doesn’t make sense that a private investigator would jump on a plane to look into something like that when he doesn’t even know who the person is.
A saxophone player was busking in front of the Dollarama, but only playing short bursts of fragments of simple tunes between conversations and he packed up and left fairly quickly.
A lonely dog was barking in front of the donut shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment