Sunday 19 November 2017

Need Boot Fixed



            I didn’t get much done for most of Saturday. I wrote about my old phone dying and buying a new one.
            It looks like I might have to dip deeper into my recent windfall because my right boot is broken. The framework of one of my Blundstones, where it holds the leather in shape above my foot in the front seems to have buckled and now when I walk, something jagged is digging into my toes. I’ll see if a cobbler can fix them, otherwise I’ll have to go boot shopping soon. If I need new ones I can’t get Blundstones again because they’ve discontinued the kind with the laces and I need laced boots to support my ankle. It doesn’t bother me so much when I’m riding my bike but even while just stepping out to the liquor store to buy two cans of Creemore I could feel the broken framework grating against my second largest toe. It’s too bad, since these Blundies were comfortable.
            I practiced playing “Dead Autumn Leaves” five times. It seems to me that I play better in the morning. Either that or in the morning I’m not as aware of how badly I play.
            I read a section of Ghazali’s “Incoherence of the Philosophers” twice. He’s arguing that the world is temporal but god isn’t and that there was nothing temporal about god creating the world at a certain time since god created time as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment