Saturday 25 November 2017

Kodak



            I spent a lot of Friday writing about Thursday and then in the evening I had to work at Artists 25. It was the last sitting of a three-week pose. When I arrived I chatted with Peter about my Medieval Philosophy course. He thought it was interesting that Islamic philosophers had such an influence on European thinking. He segued to asking me about my ethnic background. I outlined the Scandinavian background on the two sides of my family.
            When it got time to start working there was nobody there. Since Peter doesn't draw I had nothing to do for ten minutes until someone arrived. About fifteen minutes later, when I was most of the way through my first pose, someone else showed up but that was all that came. From two people the studio wouldn’t have gotten enough to pay me so Peter must have dipped into either the Artists 25 cache or else paid from his own pocket.
            Earlier that day I thought I’d check to see if my camera batteries needed a recharge and since the camera didn’t go on I assumed they needed topping up. My two sets of rechargeable batteries take several hours these days to turn the green light of my recharger on. Once they were charged I put them into the camera but it still wouldn’t wake up. I took the other set out of my amplifier’s remote control and recharged them as well, but while I was waiting I considered the possibility that my trusty Kodak had finally died after eight years. When I came home from work the second set of batteries were all powered up but they didn’t work in the camera either. I noticed though that the battery chamber door was not fully closing. When I pressed it down and pushed the “on” button the camera came on. So it looks like my Kodak and I are back in business.

No comments:

Post a Comment