Tuesday 7 November 2017

Haunted House On Ted



            On Friday around noon I went out to Fullworth to buy garbage bags. The cashier asked if I wanted a bag. I told her if I wanted one I’d open up the bag of garbage bags, take out one of the bags and then put all the other bags in that bag.
            Dinner is haunted. I mean dinner is on Ted.
            There was some kind of hassle with the eastbound streetcar and maybe a pedestrian in front of my window. I didn’t see how it started but a guy on the street was arguing with the tram driver through his window. The driver told him to wait on the sidewalk and he called someone. A guy standing beside the pedestrian took pictures of the front of the streetcar with an expensive looking camera rather than a phone. A man in red wearing a baseball cap crossed the street in front of the streetcar and said to the driver, “I saw the whole thing man! He had his elbow up! You have a great day!” but when the guy in red got to my side of the street and saw that the streetcar wasn’t moving because he was still on the phone and waiting for instructions, the guy in red started shouting to him, “Hey streetcar man, get going! You’re holdin’ up traffic! The city’s gotta move! What’a you got to prove man?” He kept on calling to him to move until the streetcar driver, still on the phone, held up his hand and said chastisingly, “Excuse me!” and he stopped shouting. Since nothing was happening but the streetcar just sitting there, I didn’t watch anymore. The next time I looked, which was a couple of hours later, the streetcar was gone.
            Maybe people are seducers, kindness is seduction and the anti-social are the least selfish communicators.

No comments:

Post a Comment