Friday 10 November 2017

Thinking Outside of the God



            I didn’t have to go to philosophy class on Thursday because it was still Reading Week, but I made use of the hour by reading Anselm’s Monologian and Proslogion. I’m supposed to analyze and compare the two for the essay that’s due at the end of November. The Monologian argues that if you can imagine the greatest good then it must prove god exists while the Proslogian says that the greatest thing that can be thought has to exist because if it didn’t exist it wouldn’t be greater than a thought.
            In the evening I had to go out to the supermarket to buy yogourt. It was just starting to rain lightly as I was heading out to Freshco. I bought a bag of apples and another of oranges so that I could compare them. I’ve concluded that they are like apples and oranges. I also got some grapes but I had a hard time finding a bag with ones that weren’t soft. I picked up some cheddar cheese and a bag of barbecue spiced sunflower seeds as well. It was fully raining when I left the supermarket but I made it home without getting soaked.

No comments:

Post a Comment