Monday 18 December 2017

Bad Casting



            I think my cold was gone quite a while ago but I’m still stuffed up every morning.
I spent a lot of Sunday just getting caught up on my journal and writing about Saturday’s food bank adventure.
I finished watching the 2010 movie Howl, which features James Franco as Allen Ginsberg and John Hamm as the lawyer defending Lawrence Ferlinghetti against the obscenity charges that were laid against him for publishing the book. I liked some of the animated sequences but I think they should have just made a separate movie with animation.  I also didn’t find James Franco to be a very convincing Allen Ginsberg. His beard looked like it had been drawn on with a magic marker and I didn’t like the way he read Howl. They should have gotten somebody like Gary Oldman to play the part. Franco is half Jewish but he looks more like his father’s half Portuguese half Swedish side of the family. I think that even Daniel Radcliffe in “Kill Your Darlings” looked more like a young Ginsberg than James Franco.


No comments:

Post a Comment