Monday 4 December 2017

Understanding God through the Process of Elimination



            I spent most of Sunday writing about my latest food bank adventure.
            I finished working out the chords to my translation of “Comme Un Boomerang” and posted it on my blog.
            The landlord came for the rent.
            I started reading “Guide of the Perplexed” by the Medieval Jewish philosopher Moses Maimonides. We have one more question to answer before our final tutorial on Tuesday. This course has the most difficult homework that I’ve had in any course. Every question forces me to read the text 3 or 4 times just to be able to answer the question.
            The first question this time asks if god can have accidental relations and I don’t know what the fuck it means. I’m perplexed. The second seems to be saying that one can only understand god through the process of elimination.
            I re-read Allen Ginsberg’s “Howl” out loud. It’s a piece that would be fun to do live for an audience, especially if I memorized it.

No comments:

Post a Comment