Saturday 30 December 2017

Guardians of the Galaxy



            It took a while getting to sleep on Thursday the morning of December 21st, after I went to bed at 1:30. Sometimes when I’m awake but lying down I have quick audio dreams. This time I heard a voice that sounded like a male radio announcer say, “Between the pants and the paper, he says we were just waiting for the uprising.”
            I woke up feeling incredibly dry, I think because of having eaten salty ham so soon before going to bed. During song practice I usually drink two tall glasses of water, but this morning I gulped it faster and drank more.
            I didn’t get a lot done during the day because of goofing around on the internet. I’ve barely started my review of last Tuesday’s Shab-e She’r poetry reading.
            In the evening I rode down to Freshco to pick up a few things. I had finally run out of tea and so I splurged on some Earl Grey. I bought some ground beef to eat on the weekend and a small strip loin beef roast that was good until January 9 in anticipation of getting tired of turkey after Christmas. Butter was on sale and I got some, though I haven’t bought it for a long time, because soft margarine is so much more convenient. I also picked up a couple of bags of cranberries and some brown sugar, as well as a few other of my regular purchases.
            That night I watched the sequel to The Guardians of the Galaxy. It was quite entertaining in its action combined with humour. I had the very first Guardians of the Galaxy comic when I was a kid but the only character from that time that was in this movie was Yondu, the guy who can control his deadly arrow by whistling. I also had the first Starlord comic, which was actually a larger format comic magazine. He had powers as I recall. Gamora was a companion of Adam Warlock; and Drax the Destroyer was sort of a good bad guy but not an alien. He was a transformed Earthman. Rocket Raccoon as I recall had his own comic and his stories weren’t set in the regular Marvel Universe. Ego the living planet was a nemesis of both Thor and the Fantastic Four. I think Mantis was also from Adam Warlock. I have several Adam Warlock comics and when I was a kid I had the Fantastic Four comic in which Adam was genetically created by renegade scientists on Earth. The final scene of the movie shows the yet to open pod from which Warlock was born, so he’ll obviously be in the next movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment