Friday 15 December 2017

Cramming for a Phil Exam



            When I got up on Wednesday it felt like my cold might be almost over. I didn’t feel a lot of mucous occupying my throat at first but singing seemed to bring more up from below, even though my voice was pretty much back to normal.
            After song practice I worked on a song translation, I finished my Tuesday journal entry, posted it online and then at 9:00 I went dark on social media as I normally do 24 hours before an exam.
            I started studying but after half an hour I felt tired so I went to bed for an hour. After that I was good for about three hours until I needed to lie down and recharge for half an hour. Then it was two hours up and fifteen minutes down. This went on until the end of the day until I’d read through my notes on all the early Medieval Christian philosophers we’d covered in the course, plus Avicenna, the first of our Islamic thinkers. I was just beginning my notes on Al Ghazali when I went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment