Thursday 7 December 2017

Dogs That Sing the Blues



           When I woke up on Wednesday I was deeper into the slushier part of my cold. My throat was less sore but it was flowing with phlegm. I had to go and find my head in a water trap. Again, I didn’t have much problem singing during practice. Later on I was sneezing a lot.
            Around midday I got an email from my 20th Century US Lit professor announcing to everyone that he had the flu and so our last class would be cancelled. That was kind of a relief because I wasn’t in very good shape myself and it might have been tough sitting through a three-hour class.
            In the evening I went out to the liquor store with $3.10 to buy a can of Creemore but when I took it to the counter the cashier said it was $3.15. I told her I’d have to go home to get the extra nickel. It seemed like a shitty thing to do, to raise the price at the beginning of the Christmas season. When I came back there was a line-up. I went to the other cashier and when it was finally rung up it was $3.10. I told him about having had to go all the way home and line up again and wondered what gave with the price difference. He said I must have picked the Creemore Bock before. That made sense. They only put it out in the Christmas season and the can is similar. It was my mistake then.
            There’s a very vocally expressive white Samoyed dog that seems to be always tied up in front of the donut shop. This breed is apparently notorious for hating to be alone and so it constantly whines with a wide range of tones and extensions of sounds. When I was opening the door of my building it went to the end of its leash and tried to come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment