Monday 25 December 2023

December 25, 1993: My daughter liked the drum I’d got her but preferred the electronic toys


Thirty years ago today

            On Saturday Angeline and I had breakfast and then took a shower together. I gave her the present I’d bought for her and she gave me mine. I walked her down to Queen Street and at the phone booth she almost paid for my call to dad but he wasn’t home. I saw her onto the streetcar and then I went home to finish wrapping my presents for my daughter. I headed up to Nancy’s place and on the way I picked up some little stocking stuffers for my daughter and the video of the movie Aladdin. When I got there Nancy was dressing the tree and getting pissed off at the baby. I wanted our daughter to enjoy herself but Nancy was frustrated because she wanted everything to be perfectly in order and for our child to be neat during the videotaping of the opening of her presents. She finally opened her stocking and started to eat the candy. I danced with my daughter while Nancy got everything ready and then eventually the baby began to open endless presents. She seemed mildly amused by the drum I’d bought her but she preferred the electronic toys. After she opened all of her presents we watched Aladdin. Nancy’s parents came back from church at around 18:00 or so and I left after the film. I was going to take my daughter with me but she didn’t want to go. Then just as I was about to leave she wanted to come with me but Nancy said tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment