Wednesday 20 December 2023

Victoria Paige Meyerink


            On Tuesday morning I memorized the first verse of “La vie grise” (The Grey Life) by Boris Vian. 
            I worked on revising my translation of “Gloomy Sunday” by Serge Gainsbourg. 
            I played my Kramer electric guitar during song practice for the first of two sessions. 
            I weighed 86 kilos before breakfast. 
            Around midday I measured off the first square for the checkerboard pattern I plan to paint on the Masonite that I glued to the kitchen floor in front of the counter. I decided that the length of the Masonite would be seven squares across, which is about 31.5 cm in width for each square. I’ll only be able to paint one black square per session and so I started with the upper right hand corner. It was surprising how much black gloss it took to cover one square without any white showing through. The black gloss is a lot shinier than the white. Tomorrow I’ll measure off the next two squares to the left of that one. The white one just needs to be cleaned since it’s already painted and then I’ll clean and paint the next black square pretty much dead centre in front of the counter. After that the pattern will be more visible. 
            I weighed 85.3 kilos before lunch. 
            In the afternoon I took a bike ride downtown and back and wore my long underwear and extra socks for the first time in a week or so. 
            I weighed 84.8 kilos at 17:45, which is the lightest I’ve been in the evening in a week. 
            I was caught up on my journal at 18:48. 
            In the Movie Maker project for my September 6 song practice I worked on synchronizing the Audacity audio with the video. I got them within a split second but there was still too much of an echo when I quit. Tomorrow I’ll finish lining them up and then I’ll save a copy of the project as “L’accordion acoustic” and begin cutting out everything but that song. 
            For the Movie Maker project to create a video for the studio recording of my song “Angeline” I decided not to search for any more clips of Greta Garbo to match my line, “until you stood to read your poem”. I settled for the clip of her standing to address her counsel in the movie Queen Christina. I downloaded it, converted it to WMV, imported it to Movie Maker, edited it down to just the moment when she stands, and then inserted it into the main video. Tomorrow I’ll figure out what needs to be cut from the concert video to re-synchronize it with the studio audio. 
            I had a potato with gravy and a pork chop with honey and hot sauce while watching the fifth season finale and the sixth season premier of Green Acres. 
            In the first story it’s the day before Oliver’s birthday but it’s also the day before the birthday of Arnold the pig. Oliver says he doesn’t want a fuss but a fuss is being made over Arnold’s birthday. The next morning Lisa and Eb announce with alarm that the present that Lisa got for Oliver got into a fight with the present that Eb got him, then Lisa’s present ate Eb’s present and flew away. Later Fred Ziffel comes by with Arnold to wish Oliver a happy birthday. Arnold gives Oliver an electric snout warmer because he got two but is disappointed that Oliver didn’t get him anything. However he seems to have anticipated that since his birthday card begins with “Happy Birthday Cheapskate”. They invite Oliver and Lisa to Arnold’s birthday party but Oliver says he’s not going. Lisa gets dressed up and goes by herself. Later Oliver starts to think that Lisa is throwing a surprise party for him at the Ziffel place and so he gets dressed up and goes there. But he wakes Fred up who says Lisa was never there. He comes home and finds Lisa sleeping in bed. He wakes her up and asks where she’s been. She says at the Ziffels’ but Oliver says she wasn’t there. She says she’ll prove it and gets out of bed fully dressed. They go back to the Ziffel place and wake up Fred who now says Lisa was at the party. Oliver and Lisa go home and now Oliver thinks there is a surprise party waiting but he is surprised to find all of their furniture has been stolen. 
            In the second story a friend of Oliver’s in New York has a program for underprivileged city children to have them spend a week on a farm. He asks Oliver if four children can come to stay at his farm and Oliver and Lisa are all for it. All of this is presented before the opening song, which is the first time the situation is laid out ahead of time. Before the kids arrive Haney rents Oliver four cots that are carried in by his invisible assistant Melvin. Oliver and Lisa meet the children at the train station and they are John, Lori, Roy, and George. The kids learn about chickens laying eggs and cows giving milk. Oliver buys the children seeds so they can all plant their own gardens. Lisa tells Oliver that Lori doesn’t have parents, only an aunt. The next day Oliver takes the kids swimming but Lori doesn’t want to go because the boys want to skinny dip. She spends the day with Lisa and they decide to make jelly. Lisa follows a recipe for strawberry jelly but all she has is bananas and so she and Lori put whole, unpeeled, boiled bananas in the jelly jars. Apparently one can really make banana jelly but not like that. The children are disappointed after six days that their gardens have not started growing since they will be leaving the next day. Lisa assures them that they will grow if they take some of the dirt and keep it under their pillows when they are sleeping and wish very hard. The next day when they are about to leave they find that their vegetables are all fully grown. They see the kids off on the train but as it pulls away Lori is still there. She says she wants to stay and Lisa says she can. Oliver calls his friend and tells him Lori will be staying one more day. Lisa asks Oliver to request that Lori stay for the rest of her school vacation. So it looks like they are introducing a new character into the show to spice things up and perhaps appeal to young people and parents. 
            Lori was played by Victoria Paige Meyerink, who became a model at the age of two and a half. She co-starred on the first season of the Danny Kaye Show but left because she was upset by the audience laughing at her. She is now the co-owner with her husband of Star Entertainment Group Incorporated. She produced the movies Finding Home, Young Warriors, and The Great Skycopter Rescue.



No comments:

Post a Comment