Sunday 3 December 2023

December 3, 1993: I was told to put my rent under a paint can in the laundry room so my upstairs neighbour wouldn't steal it


Thirty years ago today

            On Friday at around 10:00 Karl the superintendent knocked on my door and told me that from now on I should stick my rent under a paint can in the laundry room. He said he suspected that my upstairs neighbour Carl had stolen my money order out of spite. He told me they are trying to get him out. I took a shower and headed to meet Angeline. She wasn’t there and so I left a message on her machine and then went to pick up my Board of Education paycheque. Then I went to the Ontario College of Art to do the same and ran into Spirit. I did my banking and then went to the Indian buffet for lunch. I got a coffee, bought some streetcar tokens, headed back to the Beaches, did some grocery shopping, called to cancel the cheque, and went home. There was still no cheque from Humber College in the mail and I was broke.

No comments:

Post a Comment