Saturday 23 December 2023

Kristin Harmon


            On Friday morning I memorized the third verse of “La vie grise” (The Grey Life) by Boris Vian and the second verse of “Aux enfants de la chance” (To the Children of Chance). For the latter I also worked on revising my translation. 
            I played my Martin acoustic guitar during song practice for the second session of two. Tomorrow I’ll begin what would normally be a four session stretch of playing my Kramer electric guitar but since the third day is Christmas I’ll relax from the routine and just play a few songs I especially like on the Martin. 
            I weighed 85.4 kilos before breakfast, which is the lightest I’ve been in the morning in nine days. 
            Around midday I painted with black gloss the fifth and seventh squares in the first row of the Masonite that I glued in front of the kitchen counter. That completes the first row and the checkerboard pattern is starting to look more obvious. Later I removed the tape from the fifth and seventh squares and while there had been a tiny bit of bleeding of black over the edges of the white squares it really doesn’t look too bad. 
            I weighed 85.6 kilos before lunch. 
            In the afternoon I took a bike ride downtown and stopped at Freshco on my way home to get my money back for the extra pack of frozen quiches that I was charged for. I didn’t know who the supervisor was that night and so I just approached the last cashier. It turned out Katarina at the express cash was the supervisor. She got one of the shelf stocking staff to go look for it. I told him where it was but he was new and seemed to get lost. Finally the head supervisor, the very nice Amanda found it. We wished each other happy holidays. I guess it would have been quicker if I’d brought the item to scan but it would have thawed out in my backpack during the ride downtown and back. Anyway I got my money back. 
            I weighed 84.6 kilos at 17:30. That’s the lightest I’ve been in the evening in ten days.
            I was caught up on my journal at 18:35. 
            In the Movie Maker project for my acoustic performance of “Laccordion” by Serge Gainsbourg I adjusted the audio balance to about two-thirds of the audio recording and warmed it up with a third from the camera microphone. Then I published the movie and uploaded it to YouTube. Tomorrow I’ll begin a new project for my September 11 acoustic performance of my translation of that song: “The Accordion”. 


            I continued to search for a Greta Garbo clip that would fit with my line, “I felt fire I felt ice attack, I felt the ripping of a hole”. I settled on a YouTube montage that includes Garbo lighting a candle. I downloaded it, converted it to WMV and imported it into my “Angeline” project in Movie Maker. I started editing it and will probably insert the part I want into the main video tomorrow.
            I had a potato with the last of my gravy and a porkchop while watching season 6, episodes 6 and 7 of Green Acres. 
            In the first story Sam’s term as mayor of Hooterville is up but he doesn’t want to run again. Fred and Haney say they need to find another boob to run and that’s when Oliver walks in. Meanwhile Lisa, Ralph, and Doris are discussing the idea that a woman should run for mayor. Ralph and Doris say it should be Lisa and so she accepts. Haney begins sabotaging Lisa’s campaign with tricks like flattening Ralph’s truck tires. Ralph begins sabotaging Oliver’s campaign as well. Then while Oliver is giving a speech to a group of men, Lisa rides by on horseback in the nude like Lady Godiva with a long blond wig covering her risqué parts. Then Oliver and Lisa begin to fight and there is talk of breaking up. Oliver walks out and slams the door but then decides his marriage is more important than politics and so he withdraws from the race. Lisa does the same. Ralph runs instead. She does the horseback thing too but not naked and nobody comes to see her. 
            In the second story Eb meets Carol Kenworthy the new school teacher and he’s immediately in love. He focuses all his attention on helping Carol settle and wants to take her to the dance. But he forgets about the fact that he has already asked Darleen Wheeler to go. Lisa says he can’t break his date with Darleen but Oliver tells him to just be honest and tell Darleen he wants to take someone else. Haney says to tell Darleen he’s married. He takes Haney’s advice and the date is broken but then he finds out Carol already has a boyfriend. Darleen’s father thinks Oliver is Eb’s father and punches him in the nose. Eb goes back to Darleen and tells her the truth and she forgives him but now she wants to get married. 
            Carol was played by Kristin Harmon, who co-starred in the movie Love and Kisses, The Resurrection of Bronco Billy and in the 1975 short film Sonic Boom. She married Ricky Nelson at the age of 17 and became a mother half a year later. After their marriage she became a regular on The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet. She and Ricky were married for 19 years and she is the mother of their twins Matthew and Gunnar Nelson who perform as The Nelsons. She is the sister of Mark Harmon and the sister in law of Pam Dawber. She played Jim Reed’s wife Jean on Adam 12. She had also been a painter since her teens and she retired from acting in 1982 to focus on her career as an artist. She sold a painting to First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy and that led to many Hollywood celebrities and recording stars buying her artwork. In 1999 she published a coffee table book sized autobiography called Out of My Mind that told her life story through paintings, poems and diary entries.







No comments:

Post a Comment