Friday 3 May 2024

Marilyn Hanold


            On Thursday morning I memorized the fourteenth verse of “Les frères” by Boris Vian. There is one verse left to nail down. 
            I finished memorizing “Hey Mister Zippo” by Serge Gainsbourg. Tomorrow I’ll search for the chords but I doubt if anyone has posted them and so I’ll start working them out. 
            I played my Kramer electric guitar during song practice for the final session of four. 
            I weighed 87.4 kilos before breakfast. 
            My daughter hinted a few months ago that a rice cooker would be very convenient for her. So with her birthday approaching I searched on Amazon and found one that also does some other things too. I spent a little over $180 and it’s being shipped to arrive in Montreal on Saturday. 
            I applied for the Federal dental plan. 
            I weighed 87.3 kilos before lunch. 
            In the afternoon I took a bike ride downtown and stopped at Henry’s Cameras to enquire about upgrading from the Nikon Coolpix for a camera to shoot the videos of my song practice. The guy I spoke with agreed with the guy I talked with yesterday at Downtown Camera that the Sony ZV-E10 is the best option at my price range. I’ll check Vistek tomorrow and if they don’t convince me otherwise I’ll probably buy the Sony ZV-E10 there and then. The price is set by Sony so it will be $1000 wherever I go.
            I stopped at Freshco on my way home where I bought five bags of grapes, two packs of strawberries, some bananas, a pack of five-year-old cheddar, a pack of frozen chicken kebobs, a box of spoon size shredded wheat, salsa, two packs of Full City Dark Coffee, and hair conditioner. 
            I weighed 86.9 kilos at 18:45, which is the heaviest I’ve been in the evening since last Thursday.
            I was caught up on my journal at 19:30. 
            In the Movie Maker project for “Joanna Dancing (Electric)” I almost got the Audacity audio synchronized with the video. But then I realized that I was lining them up for only the first take and that I didn’t do a complete version until the third take. So I edited it so the video begins just before the third take but that put the audio way out of sync again. So I worked on lining them up once more and was just a split second off before dinner. I should have it done tomorrow. 
            I grilled pork ribs but there were too many for the oven pan and so I cooked seven of them in the frying pan. I had three ribs with a potato and gravy while watching season 1, episodes 33 and 34 of Bewitched. 
            The first story begins with Darrin asleep on the couch while Samantha is watching him. Endora appears and starts criticizing his appearance. Samantha argues that he looks just fine but Endora uses magic to change Darrin to show how he could be improved. She straightens his nose and changes his hair, then Samantha joins in and gives him a moustache. Before she can change Darrin back to normal she runs to the kitchen to deal with an overflowing coffee pot. Then the doorbell rings and Endora disappears. Darrin wakes up and answers the door to greet Gladys Kravitz but when Gladys sees Darrin’s changed face she starts to scream and runs away. Then Darrin looks in the mirror and freaks out. Samantha changes him back and tries to explain but the incident leaves him feeling insecure about his appearance. Samantha knows that it won’t help for her to reassure him because he’ll think she’s biased. So she transforms into a voluptuously beautiful French woman and approaches Darrin where he is having a drink at the bar. She tells him her name is Michelle and she starts to praise his appearance. Then she invites him to her studio but he turns her down because he is married. But it turns out that Darrin knew all along that Michelle was really Samantha. The next day when he asks for a secretary to take dictation and a woman he’s never seen before named Barbara walks in, he thinks that is Samantha as well. He kisses her just when Samantha walks in and has to explain that he knew about Michelle and thought Barbara was another trick. Darrin asks Samantha what if Barbara had responded positively to his kiss. Samantha asks, “What would she want with a funny looking guy like you?” 
            In the second story Ed Wright is running against John Cavanaugh the incumbent counselor for Morning Glory Circle. Ed is somewhat Kennedyesque in his manner and he is running on the platform that Cavanaugh is corrupt. All of the projects he has undertaken as counselor have been worked on only by his own companies and they have failed. Darrin is impressed with Wright and helps him with an ad campaign. Wright makes Darrin his campaign manager. Wright is focusing on the new watermain project, which he assumes is corrupt as well. He demands a gubernatorial investigation of the project but then a representative from the governor’s office addresses the issue during a TV debate and says he found nothing wrong with the watermain project. It looks like that news will ruin Wright’s campaign. But then Samantha and Endora use magic to appear in Cavanaugh’s office and look through his files. The files are evidence that Cavanaugh is a crook and that the watermain project was the only honest thing Cavanaugh has ever done. Endora decides to help by causing a watermain to burst at Elm and Forest and to instigate a small flood. She says this will cause the investigation into Cavanaugh’s watermain project. She is right and it causes Cavanaugh’s other crimes to be uncovered as well, resulting in Wright beating him in the election. Later after Wright is elected he meets Endora, who says his campaign was the greatest thing she’s seen since the Lincoln-Douglas debate. Darrin says he’d give anything to have Cavanaugh in the palm of his hand and so Endora makes it happen as Darrin hears a little voice inside his fist. 
            In the first story, the sexy Michelle was played by Marilyn Hanold, who started as a legal secretary in New York. Later she joined a chorus line in Las Vegas. She became a member of the Scandalettes and then a showgirl at Ciro’s. She moved to Hollywood to work as a showgirl at the Moulin Rouge where she was spotted by a William Morris agent and cast in George Gobel’s Riviera Revue. She was Playmate of the Month in the June, 1959 issue of Playboy. She had supporting roles in several movies and TV series. She played Doe, one of the henchwomen of the villain Chandell in two episodes of Batman. She co-starred in Frankenstein Meets the Space Monster. She married oil tycoon Rulon Keaton Neilson and had three daughters. She was married to Neilson for 26 years until he died.
























No comments:

Post a Comment