Friday 24 May 2024

May 24, 1994: I called a radio show to request Bob Dylan's “My Back Pages” so I could write down the lyrics


Thirty years ago today 

            On Tuesday morning I posed at Northern Secondary School then I went home. That night would be another installment of my Orgasmic Alphabet Orgy writers open stage in the Art Bar of the Gladstone Hotel. I always posted a free listing for The Orgy in Now Magazine and Eye Magazine so they would come out on the previous Thursday to let people know about the event. Since today was Bob Dylan’s birthday I had posted an invitation for writers to either come and perform something by Dylan or something of their own in Bob Dylan’s voice. I called up a radio show on CKLN and requested “My Back Pages” so I could write down the lyrics. I didn’t get all of them but planned on faking the rest that night. Before going there I posed from 19:30 to 22:00 at Artists 25. That night not a lot of people showed up for the open stage but of course my co-host Mary Milne was there. Mike Copping came and so did Wendy.

No comments:

Post a Comment