Saturday 22 April 2017

Hugh Beaumont



            On Friday I didn’t go anywhere so I spent a fair amount of time working on my book cover. It’s a tedious process working with all of those little pixels.
            I did some translation of a French screenplay and a short story.
            I messaged a few more people about my gig on June 3rd.
            I watched a couple of episodes of Leave It To Beaver. In one, Eddie Haskell was in Wally’s room while Wally was getting ready to go on a double date with Eddie. Eddie smelled Wally’s bottle of aftershave and exclaimed, “Man! You got a license to use this stuff?”
            In the second episode, Beaver bought a book for his father on how to become a millionaire in twelve months. He was disappointed when Ward didn’t take it seriously.
            The actor who plays Beaver’s father is Hugh Beaumont and he directed this particular episode, as well as a handful of others. It turns out that he was also a licensed Methodist minister and a Christmas tree farmer at the same time as he was doing Leave It to Beaver. Twenty-five years later a Texas punk band called themselves The Hugh Beaumont Experience, and one of the several drummers that came and went became the drummer for the Butthole Surfers.

No comments:

Post a Comment