Saturday 1 April 2017

Getting High on Tea



            I thought that I would have to do my taxes on Friday because I had it in my head that April 1st was the deadline. But before going to bed the night before I checked online and found that our financial confessions aren’t due until the beginning of May, so that frees up my time to finish my final project for Canadian poetry. I started writing down ideas for the four-page prose requirement that is supposed to accompany my poems. George is requiring that of us instead of just manuscripts of our poetry so that the English department won’t complain that he is stepping too far outside of their stipulations as to what an English paper must be.
            I broke my fast, but I’m keeping it pretty simple at first, with the only things different in my diet being that I can put dressing on salads, eat cooked green vegetables, mushrooms and drink tea. I nursed one cup of black tea all day and I was buzzing on the caffeine which gave me a very slight headache that didn’t really ache but rather felt like the inside of my head was lined with felt.
            For the first time in months I remembered to go to the bank before my rent was due, so around noon I headed down to the bank at King and Dufferin. I’m considering changing from a bank to a credit union because I’ve learned that banks invest your money in oil companies, but it would be a lot of work to change everything. I’ll have to wait until I get personally pissed off at the Bank of Montreal like I did at Rogers. If that happens I’ll be motivated to change.
            I went to Freshco where I bought lots of salad ingredients and fruit, plus a fig balsamic olive oil salad dressing that looked interesting. On the way home I paid for my April phone service.

No comments:

Post a Comment