Sunday 30 April 2017

Mechanical Soap Opera



            On Friday morning during song practice, my denture actually came out while I was singing the very first song. My dentist had assured me that was not going to happen. I had pushed it in securely at the beginning and yet it came loose. Mind you, all through the rest of the hour of singing without holding back, plus more than half an hour after that of practicing the piece that I will be performing on June 3rd, it didn’t come out. I wonder if it disengaged the first time because I hadn’t drank enough water yet. If it happens again I think I’ll have to go back to Dr. He for a solution.
            I was thinking that this cycle building project is like a mechanical soap opera in which each session at Bike Pirates ends with a dramatic cliff-hanger such as: “I’m sorry Christian, but the operation on your back wheel axel went terribly wrong!” Will Christian’s wheel ever be cured? Will his frame be reunited with its wayward derailleur? Find out tomorrow on The Parts of Our Bikes.
            That gave me an idea for a hospital drama called “Brain Pirates”. At Brain Pirates we don’t perform your surgery. We teach you how to do it yourself. Doctor Dennis says: “You’re doing a great job sawing off the top of your skull! I’m goin for a smoke and I’ll check on you when I get back.”
            Or “Interpirates”: We don’t fix your bike for you but through interpretive dance we show you how to repair it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment