Monday 29 May 2017

Bad Space Helmet



            I was doing an experiment with Sarah Silverman to see how long I could keep a space helmet on once the oxygen supply had been cut off. I lasted about a minute and then I unzipped it. It wasn’t a very scientifically correct dream. What kind of space helmet would use a zipper? They probably use a series of clamps or screw it on or else it’s just part of the whole suit. Anyway I unzipped it just in time and was gasping for air but my right lung had expanded like a balloon. Sarah looked worried but told me there was nothing to worry about.
            I think this dream had something to do with how my throat felt after standing in the smokey line-up in front of the food bank.
On Sunday morning while I was doing song practice, several squirrels came along the power lines across the street and then crossed Dunn Avenue along the one that angles south near the tree just south of the southwest corner and then jumped onto the branches. I only saw one of them getting attacked by a sparrow but this time it didn’t retreat. One squirrel came over to my side but then changed its mind and went back.
I started watching the sixth and final season of Leave It To Beaver. The opening segment has Barbara Billingsley wearing a very stylish short pompadour hairstyle but in the episodes she still has the old one. I guess they filmed the intro after the season had wrapped.
I was curious what state Beaver’s hometown of Mayfield was supposed to be in. Most fans speculate that it was Ohio, but according to Jerry Mathers, who played Beaver, they deliberately left the location vague, even to the point of blurring Ward Cleaver’s licence plate so it wouldn’t distinguish a state. But it basically did seem like a world where the Midwest had California weather, since there was never any snow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment