Friday 19 May 2017

Sometimes Garbage Bins Try to Escape



            I called my dental clinic on Thursday to find out if they’ve gotten my new denture yet, but it hadn’t arrived. They told me three weeks though and it’s only been two, however the first one only took fourteen days, but then again maybe a double denture takes longer to make.
            In the evening I took a bike ride, but I also had to renew some books at the OISE library, so that’s how far I rode. It felt good to be out cycling on such a warm day and it was the first time this year that I’ve gone out wearing only a tank top and shorts.
            I took Bloor for my return trip as far as Dovercourt and then went south. The road was lined with those big green two-wheeled garbage bins that had already been emptied. Suddenly a gust of wind caused a bin on the opposite side of the street to roll down from the curb, turn and start heading north up the middle of the street as if it had a mind of its own.
            When I got home my knee felt a little grindy but I’m still hoping it’s just a matter of getting back into riding and getting used to the new bicycle. My knee has been problematic since I injured it in 1984 but cycling has been good for it, along with other knee exercises. It’s affected by the weather and by taking it beyond what it’s used to, but usually it’s just a matter of keeping it moving until it gets back in the groove and then it doesn’t bother me for months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment