Saturday 20 May 2017

Edie Adams



            On Friday I tried to do some video editing but I couldn’t find Windows Movie Maker. I guess it was on my previous computer that I’d used it. When I was trying to find a download I saw that Windows doesn’t support Movie Maker anymore, but I found a version on Pirate Bay. After I’d installed it though it turned out that I didn’t have the codecs for the videos that I wanted to work on and so Movie Maker wouldn’t read them.
            I took a bike ride in the evening. It was quite a bit cooler than the day before but I was okay in shorts once I started moving. It seems that I pass about the same percentage of people with the new bike than I did with the Phoenix and maybe a little more on the hills. I rode to Bay and Bloor and then back.
            I watched a couple of episodes of Leave It to Beaver. Eddie Haskell found a gimmick to cheat on his homework. He copies Wally’s answers then he writes those neatly but he writes the solution sloppy so it’s hard for the teacher to read. His strategy is that the teacher will get so frustrated looking at the solution that he’ll be happy to settle for the answer. Then Beaver came in with a new pair of sneakers and said he’d made the basketball team. Eddie told him, “Some basketball player! You couldn’t dribble down your chin!”
            In the second one Beaver got a typewriter and was following the lessons in the booklet that came with the machine. That involved covering up the keys and trying to learn to type from memory. Gilbert told him that his piano player tries to make him play without looking at the keys too and he wondered why they make learning so difficult. Beaver theorized that it was because if they made it too easy the world would be full of nothing but typists and piano players.
            I watched a skit from an episode of The Ernie Kovaks Show in which his wife, Edie Adams played a sexy weather girl named Cloudy Faire. She thought her map of the world was of the United States and so Boston was in Russia and Florida was in Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment