Wednesday 17 May 2017

Climbing Mount Lightbulb





            On Tuesday morning my knee was aching a bit so I decided that I wouldn’t go out for a bike ride that day.
            I went to the Dollarama to buy a light bulb because mine had burnt out in the kitchen. Luckily there’s a stepladder in the hallway otherwise with my high ceilings changing bulbs is very precarious. I would have to step very carefully up on a stool from a chair and be very present and balanced while switching bulbs.
            I also used the stepladder in the bedroom to put some shelves back up that I’d taken down more than two years ago when I still had bedbugs. I only put a few things away though.
            I pulled down a mic stand and a camera tripod. The tripod has a slot for a square part with a screw in the middle onto which I could mount Nick Cushing’s camera but I have no idea where the square thing is. After writing this I looked in a box that Nick brought and there are two of his square things inside that fit my tripod. The only thing now is that I can’t figure out how to tighten the top part of the tripod so it doesn’t turn from side to side.
            I did some knee exercises in the evening. Some with ankle weights that I haven’t used in a couple of years and others where I press the back of my knee into the floor and hold it for a count of twenty.
            If the weather is okay on Wednesday and my knee isn’t aching then I’ll take a bike ride again, but maybe only as far as Yonge or Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment