Thursday 11 May 2017

I Seem to be Losing Weight



            I spent a lot of Monday writing in my journal about my visit to Linda Stitt’s Words and Music Salon on Saturday.
            Although I don’t own a scale and the drug store down the street no longer has a scale with which I can scientifically keep track of this kind of thing, it feels to me like I’m losing weight. When I finished my annual fast at Easter I had made the decision to only eat three moderately sized meals a day with no snacks in between, and I’ve kept with it. On top of that I went back to a diet I’d started a few years before in which I didn’t eat bread, pasta or sugar on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.  Back then I didn’t keep it up. I don’t seem to be bulging out in my stomach as much as before but the real tell is a pair of pants that had been getting pretty hard to button back in the winter have gotten easier to fasten.
            I’ve been watching the fifth and second to last season of Leave It to Beaver. It seems to be, and I think this is true of most sitcoms, that after the second season they run out of interesting ideas and just think of unusual situations for their audience to be amused by.
            One thing they are doing this season is precisely alternating episodes that feature Beaver and ones that showcase Wally.

No comments:

Post a Comment