Thursday 4 May 2017

Waiting for the Dental Implant Fairy



            On Sunday my denture came out once during song practice and once during rehearsal for my gig on June 3rd. It seems to me that the clasp part of it sticks too far into the inside of my upper lip and so when I’m singing my lip can push it down. It’s frustrating to have t deal with this problem, especially with a performance approaching, so I’ll definitely have to go back to Dr. He soon. I know that he also does implants and that they cost a lot but I have this fantasy that he’ll take pity on me and give me an implant. I also know that’s not going to happen.
I needed to do my laundry again, and thanks to my income tax refund I can still afford to do it at the Laundromat. Maybe the next time that I need to do it the weather will be warm enough to dry my stuff out on the deck.
Once everything was dry and I’d put it into my cloth bags, I was headed home and it started to rain. It was an ice water rain too, much colder than the air that day. Fortunately none of my clothes or bedding got wet.
For lunch I heated up the frozen pizza that I’d gotten from the food bank and ate half. For dinner I grilled two burgers in the oven and had one of them between the last two quarters of the pizza.
            I spent a lot of time working on a graphic based on my idea of Bike Pirates as a mechanical soap opera. I had found an image from the daytime drama, “Days of Our Lives” and tried to figure out a way to make it look like a bicycle was going through the hourglass that symbolized that show. Then I manipulated the title to have it read “Parts of Our Bikes”. It’s very time-consuming though, fiddling with all of those little pixels in Windows Paint, so it took several hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment