Wednesday 10 July 2024

July 10, 1994: I performed "I Saw My Reflection in an Open Wound"


Thirty years ago today 

            On Sunday I didn’t take my daughter because I had a date at 17:00 with Michelle. We just went to The Artful Dodger for a drink and it was the last time I saw her. Afterwards I met Mary Milne for the open stage at the Pilot Tavern in Yorkville. I think this was the night I first met Sahara Sprachlan. She performed a song inspired by the Leonard Cohen poem that goes “A Kite is a victim you are sure of” but she changed it to “A Kike is a victim you are sure of”. I approached her and was going to tell her that she looked like Chrissie Hynde but she cut me off at “You look like…” because she didn’t want to hear the rest. She wasn’t very friendly that night but a few years later we became friends. I performed my song “I Saw My reflection in an Open Wound” while flashing reflections of the stage lights at the audience with a broken mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment