Wednesday 19 June 2024

June 19, 1994: I took my daughter to a Father's Day breakfast and she fell back in her cahir


Thirty years ago today

            On Sunday it was Father’s Day and I took my daughter to the all you can eat Father’s Day breakfast at the Golden Griddle near Sunnyside Beach. She fell backwards in her chair and cried but was alright after a minute. Then we went to Sunnyside Beach and played until she started throwing sand. In the evening I took her back to Nancy because I had my first date that night with Michelle. After I’d dropped my daughter off I took the bus back to Warden Station and from there I called my answering machine, but there was a message from Michelle saying she couldn’t make it. I went to The Black Rooster for Angeline’s feature. Tom Smarda played guitar and sang backup vocals for her and it sounded good. Angeline had me bang a paint can as a drum for one of her songs. Then she broke a string and while she was replacing it Tom and I performed half of my song “Hungry Hippunk Goes to Work” until Angeline cut us off to finish her set. I found out later that Michelle drove by the Black Rooster when she was through with her meeting but was afraid to come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment