Saturday 1 June 2024

June 1, 1994: My band performed "Recurring Vision of a Myopic Third Eye"


Thirty years ago today

            On Wednesday evening Mike Copping came to Fat Albert’s. My band Christian and the Lions, consisting of myself, Tom Smarda, Steve Lowe, Mike Martin and Arjan performed “Instructions for Electroshock Therapy” and “Recurring Vision of a Myopic Third Eye” to an almost empty room.

Recurring Vision of a Myopic Third Eye

Intravenous McDonalds 
the restaurant of the future 
and the fastest food of all 
Into the blender go the roaches and rats 
and the world is now a very clean ball

Suicide Seven-eleven 
a delicious hemlock Slurpie 
Free fill-up with cremation 
A drive-through death for the sick or depressed 
Its now a less neurotic nation 

Radio Shack for amnesiacs 
sweet memories made to order 
Cheap generic identities 
Some microchips go in the headcheese dip 
and now look ma no penitentiaries 

MTV please empty me
see me be in a 3D-O 
Virtual banality 
High-tech sex let me beam you a cheque
so I can dance on hold to your melody 
dance on hold to your malady

No comments:

Post a Comment