On Wednesday morning I finished revising my translation of “La complainte de Bonnot” by Boris Vian. Tomorrow I’ll run through singing and playing it, then upload it to my Christian’s Translations blog to prepare it for publishing.
I organized about half the text of “Shylock” by Serge Gainsbourg and separated the two voices. On Thursday I should have that finished and I’ll start memorizing the song.
I played my Martin during song practice for the second of two sessions and it went out of tune all the time as usual. I shortened a lot of the songs so I could finish in time to brush my teeth and leave at noon for my first appointment with my new periodontist Dr. Lambert.
I got there at 12:45 and didn’t even have time to open my book before Serena the assistant called me. When I first started getting treated at the U of T School of Dentistry, Dr. Xia has been in charge of my case, but he graduated. It felt weird to be suddenly assigned a new periodontist and to fortify my confidence, Serena told me that the University of Toronto has the best school of periodontics in Canada. They only pick three students a year out of hundreds of dentistry graduates for the periodontistry program. I met Dr. Lambert and he has an accent that doesn’t fit with the hard “T” that people use when they pronounce his last name. I asked him about it and he says he’s from Quebec. So I said his name must be pronounced as “Lambare” and he confirmed that’s correct. He just lets people use the hard pronunciation to make things easier. He says I can call him Martin.
Martin said that my bone graft healed exceptionally well and suggested that it helped that I didn’t wear my denture. He said we’ll be starting the process of me getting my implant in September. He took a full set of 3-D images of my teeth and gums and will use them to make a surgical implant stent that will be put in my mouth before surgery. I had to pay $190 for the stent. They don’t have a date yet for when I’ll be coming in for surgery but it will be in September sometime.
I stopped at Freshco on my way home to buy toilet paper and Sponge Towels.
I weighed 90.6 kilos at 15:10, which is the lightest I’ve been in the early afternoon since last Wednesday. I had peanut butter and five-year-old cheddar on saltines with a glass of lemonade.
I weighed 90.5 kilos at 17:50.
I was still a day behind on my journal and worked on getting caught up but I was still behind at suppertime.
I made pizza on a slice of multigrain sandwich bread with rosée tomato sauce, tomato pesto, wedge oven fries, and five-year-old cheddar. I had it with a glass of Creemore lager while watching Wednesday season 1, episode 7 on Discord with my daughter Astrid.
The story begins with the funeral of the mayor of Jericho who was killed at the end of the last episode. Wednesday is scanning the crowd because she’s sure the killer is there. She sees a dark figure leave and she chases him into the woods. When the enemy turns and Wednesday readies her umbrella to do battle he voices how proud he is of his favourite protegee and we see it’s her Uncle Fester. This is the first time we’ve seen Wednesday smile. She takes Fester to Eugene’s bee house and has to stop him from eating the bees. fester has a reunion with Thing who is mad at Fester over him running out on Thing during a heist. Wednesday catches Fester up on the mystery and shows him one of Xavier’s drawing of the monster. Fester says the monster is a Hyde as in Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. He tells Wednesday that there is a secret diary of a man named Faulkner in a secret place in the Nightshade Club’s meeting place in the basement of Nevermore. They go there and Thing cracks the safe to get the diary. The diary explains that Hydes are artists by nature born of mutation. Their monster sides are mostly dormant but can be triggered by trauma, chemistry, or hypnosis. That means the Hyde always has a master. She is still convinced that Xavier is the monster. While spying on him she sees that he is having secret meetings with the psychiatrist Dr. Kimbott. Wednesday returns to her room to find it’s been ransacked, the diary stolen and Thing has been pinned to the wall with a knife. . Fester uses his electrical powers to try ti defibrillate Thing but after several tries he gives up and says he’s gone. Wednesday won’t accept it and says to do it again. Finally Thing comes to life and Wednesday swears to make the attacker pay. She confronts Kimbott with the accusation that she is the Hyde’s manipulator. Kimbott thinks that Wednesday is losing her mind and recommends that she be sent to a psychiatric hospital. Wednesday says if she was she’d be running the place in a week. Wednesday leaves Kimbott, who hears a strange sound in another room. She opens it and is attacked by the monster. She later dies in the hospital. Wednesday learns that Principal Weems has known about the Hyde all along but has not notified the authorities to protect Nevermore. Wednesday goes to see Tyler and kisses him. The kiss triggers a vision that shows her that Tyler is the monster. I saw that coming.
Fester is played by Fred Armison. he’s okay but he’s no Jackie Coogan.
Dr. Kimbott was played by Fred Armison’s wife Riki Lindhome, whose first break came when Tim Robbins cast her in his play Embedded at The Public Theatre in New York City. She made her film debut in Back Seat Detour. She made her TV debut in the sitcom Titus. Then Clint Eastwood cast her in Million Dollar Baby, which was her feature film debut. She wrote, directed and co-starred in Life is Short in 2006. She is the front half of the comedy duo Garfunkel and Oates with Kate Micucchi. They had their own sitcom for a season and were nominated for an Emmy for their TV special. They appeared in The Big Bang Theory and wrote a song for the episode. She co-created and co-starred in the sitcom Another Period. She co-starred in Duncanville, Hell Baby, The Wolf of Snow Hollow, My Best Friend’s Girl, The Last House on the Left, King Tweety, Nerdland, Queens of the Dead, She played Fozzie Bear’s human girlfriend on The Muppets. She was the voice of Poison Ivy and The Wicked Witch of the West in The Lego Batman Movie. She stars in a one woman musical called Dead Inside. She starred in the short film Imaginary Larry.







No comments:
Post a Comment