Monday 28 December 2015

A Lonely Guy


           


            When I got up on Sunday morning the heat was on full blast and my apartment was stifling hot. I think that because my radiators are all under windows, the heat is pushed into the apartment by the incoming air. I had to open all five of my windows and prop open my door and the back door of the building, and still I was hot through my yoga and most of song practice. I usually sip water between songs but I had to gulp it this time.
            In the evening I took a bike ride. It was cold and windy, but not overwhelming. At Yonge and Dundas the young Christian evangelist was out with his microphone. I didn’t hear the Muslim preacher this time.
            South of Dundas a large group of women were walking south two by two and chatting. A lonely guy in glasses was walking north, and though he didn’t look directly at any of them, he lifted his bent left arm three times and waved with a twisting wrist as they went by. After they were all behind him he shook his head and said in a low voice, “Look at all those women!”
            I had to throw out the squash that I’d cooked because cockroaches had found their way into the pot while it was sitting on the stove, even though it was covered. I hope the landlord got my message about calling Orkin.
            I watched the seventh episode of the current season of Doctor Who. The story mirrors the real world situation of a terrorist army being a threat, except with aliens.

No comments:

Post a Comment