Tuesday 29 December 2015

HTML Counterspells


           


            I spent a lot of time on Monday operating on the HTML of my blog post of The Valliere Files. The problem was that I included the text from links that Paul Valliere had sent me as part of our email conversations and the colours of the text were often written as magic spells behind the words, so I had to crawl under them and delete the colour references because they interfered with the colour format of my blog, rendering the text sometimes invisible when published. I finally got it all fixed in the evening and sent a link of the blog to Paul’s daughters, Rosalind and Alison.
            I had planned on going out to the Tranzac open stage that night but the first snowstorm of the season arrived that evening. As is often the case, I was both disappointed and relieved at the same time. I think that my new classes in Continental Philosophy and Short Stories start next week, so that’ll be my last chance to go to the Tranzac until April.
            I watched the eighth episode of the most recent season of Doctor who, which contains one of the best anti-war arguments I’ve ever heard, as presented passionately by Peter Capaldi as the Doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment