Tuesday 8 December 2015

The Dollarama Deserves Shoplifters


           

            On Saturday I spent a lot of time going through the Word file I’d made out of my email exchanges with Paul Valliere. I was able to turn the 133-page file into 80 pages by reformatting everything, but unfortunately I had to do it line by line because his emails came through much narrower than a normal Word document. They were also often centred but wouldn’t obey selecting them all and left aligning them.
            The bulb in my reading lamp blew out, so I went over to the Dollarama and bought four bulbs for $2.50 that were supposed to last a year. The little cashier, of East Asian descent, seemed particularly friendly to me. When I got home, before I could put a new bulb in the lamp I needed to remove the threaded part of the blown out bulb, which required pliers and light.  I haven’t had a working bulb in the ceiling of my living room for several months, so I went out to the hall to get my landlord’s ladder and used it to install one of the four bulbs. It took a few minutes to unscrew the broken bulb, but when I screwed in a new bulb it burned out immediately. I tried a second new one but it didn’t work at all. Finally the third new bulb worked and I once again had light for reading, but it’s criminal that Dollarama has a no return, no exchange policy. They can just sell you crap that doesn’t work and make millions doing it. If any store ever deserved shoplifters it’s the Dollarama.
            I watched the fourth episode of Radar Men from the Moon, “Flight to Destruction”. The cliffhanger from the previous episode had been that Commando Cody, while pursuing the Earth gangsters that are working for the Moon’s invasion force, is crossing a bridge when they blow it up. At the beginning of this episode they show that he had rolled out of the car beforehand. The aliens and the gangsters decide to kidnap Commando Cody because he’s important to the government and they need money to build another atomic raygun. Since they can’t find Cody they kidnap Joan in order to lure Cody. She’s being flown in a small plane by the kidnapper, somehow she’s had a full change of clothes, when Cody is about to catch up to them. The kidnapper wrecks the controls and jumps out with a parachute, leaving Joan in the back. Cody catches up and climbs on board just before the plane crashes into a mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment