Wednesday 9 August 2017

A Simcoe Carole



            On Monday morning when I started song practice I turned my computer on, plugged in my microphone and accessed tunerr.com. It worked fine for tuning my guitar and saved me a lot of time that would have been spent with me struggling to tune by ear, but I still find it more convenient to have a clip-on vibration tuner. I’d like to get one that’s rechargeable though, since I think it would save me a lot of money.
            The street was extremely quiet that morning, even more so than on a Sunday. It dawned on me that it must be Simcoe Day but I didn’t notice anything leading up to it in the media, even though I read the news online every day. Since it’s a day with no culture around it, it kind of sneaked up on me.
            The clouds were blocking the sun for most of the day, there was a chance of rain and I had a lot of writing to do, so I didn’t take a bike ride.
            I watched a famous episode of Maverick entitled “The Saga of Waco Williams”.  Maverick befriends a gunfighter with almost superhuman skills and an equally extraordinary moral code. He has a logic defying lack of fear and will fight anyone that he deems unfair, whether they are crooks or lawmen. On top of that he always wins. The character of Lance White that Tom Selleck played on the Rockford Files was apparently based on Waco Williams.

No comments:

Post a Comment