Wednesday 16 August 2017

Woodbine Heights



            On Tuesday I freed up some space on my computer by moving all my 2016 photos and some videos to my external hard drive. For some strange reason a Leonard Cohen concert video of 2.5 gigabytes took half an hour to copy whereas a folder of more than 5 gigs took just a few minutes.
            In the late afternoon I rode out to the Danforth. There were a couple of guys with fast bikes that got ahead of me. I passed them a few times but eventually they won the front and then we were separated by a red light.
            I explored the area just north and east of Woodbine and Danforth as far north as Mortimer and as far east as Cedarvale. I guess this part of town is called Woodbine Heights. Quite a few houses in that neighbourhood and sometimes several in a row have gambrel roofs, that is with two slopes on each side so that they look like little ugly barns.
            I only found one alley on this trip and that was a north-south lane. At one point along the way it had some sloppy but fun graffiti.
            It was nice to be riding closer to the Danforth, not only because it’s visually more interesting but also because I got home half an hour earlier, since I didn’t have to ride way up to the lower east end of North York anymore.
            I watched an episode of Maverick in which Bret is blackmailed into becoming the sheriff of a small but very unruly town. He takes an unconventional approach to law enforcement. For example, to stop a barroom fight between two men he gets everyone else to bet on it. When the combatants see that profit is being made from their dispute they both take offence and leave together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment