Saturday 26 August 2017

Road Rage Opera



            On Friday I started isolating another song video from my July 23rd song practice. This one was another of my translations called “Alcohol”. The audio and video seemed to go out of sync though after I’d cut what I’d thought were equal parts from both of their timelines. I might have to start this one again from the master because that would probably be easier than re-synchronizing everything.
            Since it was a sunny day I took my bike ride at the usual time. There wasn’t much competition on Bloor or the Danforth all the way out to Dawes Road. I explored all the streets and alleys between Dawes and Sibley from Danforth up to Dentonia.
            When I stopped at the first Starbucks and was locking my bike a guy in an electric scooter rode along the sidewalk and he was smoking his cigarette filter.
            At Logan a big man in a red shirt and with a red face was blasting Josh Groban or some singer like that while shouting at the driver turning ahead of him, “Fucking idiot!” then punctuating it with a couple of blasts of his horn before shouting it again. The gentle, semi-classical music that he was playing so loud made an interesting backdrop for his anger.
            There were a few fast bikes on the way home. On College a young woman got ahead of me and stayed ahead for quite a while before I finally passed her near Dovercourt.
            After dinner I re-copied the Movie Maker project of “Alcohol” and replaced the old one. I guess I was more careful with this one since the audio and video stayed in sync when I trimmed the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment