Friday 18 August 2017

Synchronization



            On Thursday I started a project in Movie Maker and imported to it the video and audio files from my song practice on July 23rd. I didn’t try to synchronize the two files at first, but I did chop the first five minutes and twenty seconds from the video. I came back to it a few hours later and figured out how to trim the audio. I zoomed in to the maximum so that I could cut it by microseconds and each time slide the audio timeline to the left so it joined the beginning. It felt like I was getting the two files nearer to synchronization but as I got closer at the beginning of the song, it seemed off a bit later. But then I found out that I was synchronizing the first take of the song in audio that I’d already deleted from the video. I had been trying to synchronize two different takes. I figured I’d save and quit at that point, since I understood that the audio part that I needed to match up with the video was further along and at least that I was making progress towards it.
            It rained in the early afternoon so I didn’t take a bike ride. I worked on various projects instead.
            That night I watched a quirky episode of Maverick. It begins with Bret standing on the river dock in Sacramento when he sees a woman about to jump. He stops her and since they are both homeless, he takes her for coffee. She says that she’s just been robbed of money with which she’d planned on buying 200 cats at $2 each to take them to the mining town of Paradise which is overrun with rats and so each person will buy a cat for $50. Bret decides to go into business with her but after they buy the cats and arrange for the shipping she drugs maverick and arranges for him to be shanghaied. He escapes and follows her to Paradise where she is being treated like a heroine for having brought the cats. She is engaged to be married to the crooked, murderous and extremely superstitious sheriff, played by Buddy Ebsen but she hires a gunman to kill the lawman. However, the sheriff cheats at shootouts and kills the killer. Maverick defeats the sheriff by playing on his superstitions. He paints thirteen cats black and shines his boots with polish mixed with smoked fish and catnip so they follow him when he walks between the sheriff and the mayor during a showdown. The sheriff is so flustered that he is easily outdrawn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment