Thursday 17 August 2017

Temporary Eternity





            On Wednesday at around noon I started uploading to YouTube the video that Nick Cushing shot of my June 3rd performance at the Smiling Buddha. Nick had given me a copy in the original size but also a smaller file. I chose the larger one to upload because it looked crisper to me and so took several hours. While the video was making its very slow climb to the internet I worked on my book cover, did some translations, edited a story, took a siesta and then went for a bike ride. The upload was at 63% when I left.
            On Bloor Street at around Ossington a woman who looked like Harpo Marx was dancing like Ralph Cramden in a crumpled fedora. She was off the sidewalk but she seemed to have enough sense not to be doing her dance in the middle of the road.
            I finished exploring all the streets between Woodbine and Cedarvale north of Lumsden. It looks like there won’t be any alleys behind Danforth until I make my way past Main Street, and that will be a few bike rides away.
            When I got home my upload to YouTube was at 98%. Good timing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment