Monday 21 August 2017

Cranberry Wine



            I spent a lot of Sunday working on my journal entry about Saturday.
            I took a bike ride in the late afternoon. It was much sunnier and hotter than the day before and though there were some nice clouds they weren’t as spectacular as the grey day before. I guess the Open Streets Toronto event that closed off a large section of Bloor Street to cars while allowing cyclists and pedestrians finished before I got there. That happened last time as well, since I don’t like to go riding during the time of day when the sun is harsh.
            Like on Saturday I had the bridge and the Danforth pretty much to myself. Just before Woodbine I stopped at the Firkin to use the washroom and I took some brown paper towels and a little toilet paper as well. It would have been nice if I could find a whole roll somewhere. Maybe there would be one in the washroom of my doctor’s office later that week when I went for my check-up.
            I rode up Chisholm and explored all the streets on its left side. Once again, there were a lot of them as with the next street to the west. The pattern seemed to be that close to the Danforth the side streets were two-way but then there would be a one way in one direction, then the opposite, then the opposite again and another two-way. I think that it’s okay to drive the wrong way on a one-way street as long as at the end of the street one turns around and then erases the wrong action by going the right way right away. I went south on Main without turning on any side streets.
            I started noticing on this ride that my crankset is starting to feel slightly off again. When I was climbing a hill or going fast I didn’t notice it but there is a minute jerk in the movement of pedaling that wasn’t there before. It wasn’t extreme at that point but I suspected that it would get worse. If this was happening with every crankset whether cottered or not, it suggested that there was something wrong with the bottom bracket. I still had the original bottom bracket that came with the frame before I replaced it with the Peugeot. I didn’t know if it would help to change it back though.
            Shortly after I got home, David knocked on my door and gave me a bottle of Muskoka cranberry wine. I put it in the freezer to chill it before dinner. I drank a third of the bottle. Though there was a lot of sediment at the bottom of the glass it was tangy and tasty but it doesn’t go very well with eggs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment