Friday 5 January 2018

A Streetcar Named Desire



            I had a sore throat on New Years day morning and a bit of a stomach ache later on. It sort of feels like another cold but I’m not sure yet though I am horking and spitting a lot. It feels like there is something gooey glued to the area where the inside of my mouth meets the inside of my nostrils. And it feels like I could get it all out if I could just achieve the holy grail of horks.
            The new sweat pants that I bought on Boxing Day have felt like they have a sliver down around the calf area that sticks into my leg when I’m doing yoga. I figured it was a piece of one of the many plastic threads that I’d cut to remove the tags. I decided that I didn’t want to start a new year with discomfort, so I took some extra time before yoga trying to find the culprit and pull it out. I think I got it after about ten minutes.
            My plan had been to get some long neglected cleaning done but I got sucked into internet arguments. I finally did accomplish cleaning the bathroom sink and toilet, but not until nighttime.
            I roasted a beef strip loin and it turned out great.
            I watched an episode of Doctor Who in which the Doctor was blinded. It seemed like he was cured in the end but then it turned out that he was only faking the recovery. There were some good lines, like “Space wants to kill you.” “You only see the true face of the universe when it’s asking for your help. We show ours by how we respond.”
            I read the first scene of “A Streetcar Named Desire” by Tennessee Williams. The playwright’s descriptions of the characters and the sets are quite beautifully written.

No comments:

Post a Comment