Tuesday 23 January 2018

Neal Cassady



            There are 7.6 billion cases of secret madness on the planet Earth. Each possessor thinks that theirs is sanity.
            On Monday morning it was warm outside for winter and hot inside but a lot less dry than usual.
            I worked on my journal and puttered around with my essay on The Wasteland and Howl. I wrote about how, in Howl, Neal Cassady is presented as a superhuman sex god, continuously seeking pleasure with an endless stream of women.
            For the last several days, since around the time I was blocked for 24 hours by Facebook, whenever I try to post a text consisting of several paragraphs, it won’t publish. I found though that if I post the first paragraph of my journal, Facebook publishes it. Then I click on “Edit post” and in the editing window I can add all of the text that I wasn’t able to publish in the first place and when I click “Save” it’s all there. It’s kind of inconvenient to have to jump through that extra hoop though. Maybe it’s just a glitch and it has nothing to do with Facebook’s recent censorship of images of nude women that I’d posted, like one of Josephine Baker that showed her nipples.
            I downloaded and watched the 12th episode of Star Trek Discovery that aired on Sunday night. It was revealed that one of the main characters is actually one of the evil humans from the parallel universe. I didn’t see that coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment