Tuesday 2 January 2018

Barbara Turner



            I woke up on Wednesday, still stuffed from dinner the night before. It seemed to settle down as the day went on though.
            It was time to do laundry again and so I made use of the chore as an opportunity to try out my new second hand winter boots. I put on thin cotton socks, thicker cotton socks on top of those and then the thick woollen socks I’d bought the day before but the boots still felt roomy and there was not a lot of ankle support. They’re comfy though, like I’m in my sock feet, if I don’t walk too much. The outdoors, especially in the winter has a lot of uneven surfaces and so it’s harder on a bad ankle.
I watched an episode of Mike Hammer that had an actress that stood out for me, especially because of her heavy Brooklyn accent, enough to check her name on the credits and look her up. Barbara Turner’s Brooklyn accent was not a result of acting. She became better known as a screenwriter and was nominated for two Emmies but she continued to act into the 90s. She died last year and was also the mother of Jennifer Jason Leigh.
I was looking to download the Justice League movie but the only torrents available were of more hand-held camera captures. I would be okay with it if they had been flawless copies but the reviews from previous downloaders were pretty bad. I decided to wait till the DVD is out to be ripped. I downloaded the tenth season of Doctor Who instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment