Sunday 7 January 2018

Facebook Censors Should Go Fuck Themselves with the Genitalia They Least Want to See



            I didn’t go anywhere on Friday. I needed a couple of things from the supermarket but I decided to put it off till Saturday when I planned to go out to the food bank. I didn’t want to face the cold two days in a row if I could avoid it. Instead I stayed inside and did important things like flushing out my ears.
            In the evening I posted my blog, with a picture attached as usual and then immediately, as usual posted my blog link on my Facebook page. Since my journal entry had described an “action” by German avant-garde artist Otto Muehl, I accompanied it with a still from one of Muehl’s films, which depicted a naked woman with two snakes slithering on her body. Almost as soon as I posted my blog link on Facebook there was an automatic response from the Facebook censors, telling me that it had been removed. Following the censor’s links, I found a box that allowed me to respond to their decision. I told them that they should be looking more into hatred and violence on Facebook instead of censoring the human body.
            I reposted the photo on Facebook and attached the generic link to my blog rather than to that specific blog, which would lead to that blog anyway. Facebook did not censor that post, which makes me wonder if they pay more attention to photos contained in links rather than images uploaded from computers.       

No comments:

Post a Comment