Monday 1 January 2018

Wonder Woman



            I woke up early on Christmas day and since I couldn’t get back to sleep, so I got up at 4:30. It had been storming lightly all night and so it was kind of nice to see a white Christmas on the streets before the snowploughs and salt trucks turned a lot of it brown.
            The city of Toronto gave us all a present that morning in finally having fixed the taste of the tap water.
            I made bacon and eggs for breakfast as I always do on Christmas morning but the two eggs that I used were the ones I got from the food bank and they both broke. I may be a bit obsessive about my eggs but I like unbroken yokes on my plate, so I put the other two into the pan but they broke as well. I think that in the back of my mind I anticipated that there might be some breakage of the food bank eggs and that’s why I bought a dozen eggs at the supermarket on Saturday. I took two from those and they didn’t break, but I ended up frying six eggs. I had them all on my plate while eating but I only ate three and saved the rest for sandwiches.
            I watched Spiderman Homecoming. I liked the young Peter Parker and how he was portrayed but I didn’t like the high tech suit designed by Tony Stark that talks to him. Peter is supposed to be a young scientific genius that made his own suit and his own tech. He didn’t meet Iron Man until he met the Avengers a couple of years later. I also don’t think Aunt May should be young. I don’t mind her being hot as long as she’s hot and 70. They didn’t handle the vulture very well either. He wasn’t supposed to have a big cumbersome machine stolen from Tony Stark as his wings. He was supposed to have a simple set-up with a lot of manoeuvrability.
            In the early afternoon I saw that my turkey wasn’t thawing fast enough in the fridge and so I floated it in cold water in the sink. A few hours later I made stuffing using sautéed onions, the usual Christmas herbs and the old cranberry raisin flax bread that I’d gotten from the food bank. I also made herb butter with rosemary and thyme and slathered the turkey with it, inside and out before stuffing it. I also cooked homemade cranberry sauce with brown sugar. Everything turned out quite well and delicious all around.
            Normally I would just have a beer with dinner but since it was Christmas I had one before dinner and another during. I watched Wonder Woman. This story was set during WWI and I thought that Wonder Woman’s origin was handled quite well. They’ll only be able to play the fish out of water angle in this one movie but it certainly worked out. The casting was good as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment