Friday 12 January 2018

Old Klingons vs New Klingons



            I spent most of Thursday writing about my English class on Allen Ginsberg’s Howl and on my being blocked for 24 hours by Facebook. I did a little more work at setting up an alternative to my Facebook page on Google+ at  https://plus.google.com/u/0/110439497284625370217. I’ll also continue to be on Twitter at https://twitter.com/christiaitsirhc, though I like to use Twitter for short written pieces rather than posting links or photos.
            I woke up to the sound of my alarm, but it was from an afternoon siesta and the alarm had rung in my head. It was time to get up anyway though.
            I’ve almost finished reading A Streetcar Named Desire. I can’t say I like or identify with the characters much, but I like the writing.
            I looked through a document that I’d pasted with old emails that I’ve sent and received, some of which go back to the beginning of me being on the internet in 1996, before the days of Facebook. I tried to organize them chronologically but it’s a lot of work.

            I watched the second episode of Star Trek Discovery. It was better than the first. It looks like the first two were written to be one film because the first doesn’t hold up well on its own and the second kind of pulls everything together. The Klingon’s faces though don’t look as real as they have on previous Star Trek shows. In the first series they looked to human, but in Star Trek the Next Generation they got them right. They didn’t look like plastic toys. They look like they are made of shiny plastic and there is way too much long dialogue in Klingon with subtitles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment