Wednesday 3 January 2018

Emojis



            On Friday I was starting to feel like I might be coming down with another cold, but it wasn’t extreme and I’ve felt that way in the past many times without it actually happening.
            I spent a lot of time finishing my review of December 19th’s Shab-e She’r. I’d kept up with my journal through those ten days but hadn’t posted anything because I wanted my posts to be in chronological order.
            As I expected and as usual after Christmas, I’m getting pretty tired of eating leftover turkey. It’s the one time I wish I lived with people so they could help use it up faster.
            I watched the second episode of the 10th Season of the second incarnation of the Doctor Who series. The Doctor and Pearl arrived at a planet where robots had been assigned to prepare a planet for the arrival of the last survivors of the planet Earth. The robots were millions of nanobots that not only did the farming and pollinated the crops like bees but they also locked together to form the buildings. There were larger robots that served as liaisons between the tiny bots and people and their language consisted of emojis that formed on their face screens. The Doctor says that in the entire universe, only humans speak “emoji”. They were designed to make humans happy but they were not programmed to understand unhappiness so when they saw humans that were not smiling they concluded they were keeping them from their mission of causing happiness and so they killed them. The Doctor had to reprogram them, which caused them to become sentient and therefore the indigenous species of the planet. When the humans arrived the Doctor advised them to ask the robots’ permission to live there.

No comments:

Post a Comment