Monday 15 January 2018

The Better Mudd



            I spent a lot of Sunday writing about my most recent food bank adventure and didn’t go anywhere.
            I got a shout out by gmail from George Elliot Clarke in response to the profile I’d recently set up on Google+. It was the first response I’ve gotten since I started it. He noticed it because I’d selected his account to “Follow” along with some others. He titled his message “Dude!” and he always writes my name as “Xn Xn”. I had set up pages to mirror my Facebook fan pages for Serge Gainsbourg, Boris Vian, Josephine Baker and Gisèle MacKenzie. George said, “I also like Serge, Boris and La Baker! Had never heard of Gisèle Mackenzie. Thanks for filling in the details, presenting her bio and song. I’d no idea you’re such a Francophile! Bon homme!”
            That night I posted my blog and then pasted the link on Facebook. After that, as usual, I pasted the text into the “What’s on your mind” window” but it wouldn’t post. I tried several times for the next half an hour and then gave up and had dinner.
            I watched the fifth episode of StarTrek Discovery. The captain got captured and tortured by the Klingons. Also in his cell was a younger version of the character Harry Mudd, who appeared a couple of times on the original Star Trek series. He was a bit more sinister than the original version, who was kind of a comical sleezeball villain. He was played in this series by Rainn Wilson but I thought Roger C Carmel’s version was much more interesting because he was likeable and contemptible at the same time. Mudd betrays the Captain and so when Lorca escapes he leaves Mudd at the mercy of the Klingons.
            Discovery needs to use the tardigrade’s cosmos jumping abilities to find Captain Lorca but using the beast may kill it. Michael Burnham and the spore engineer isolate the tardigrade’s DNA and he secretly injects it to guide the ship. The tardigrade is released.

            

No comments:

Post a Comment