Saturday 1 January 2022

January 1, 1991: I had $730 from Canada Post but after rent, Metropass, and paying what I owed Nancy I would have nothing


Thirty years ago today 

            When I got home at midnight I saw that my cheque from Canada Post for $730 something was in the mail. Later on Wednesday I went out looking for a Bank of Montreal machine but the one in the Beaches was closed because it was New Year's Day so I went all the way downtown to Yonge and King. Then I headed home but got off at Shoppers Drug Mart in the Beaches to buy some food. I got ready-made frosting, chips, and a big bottle of Pepsi to treat myself. I still had to pay $595 for rent and give Nancy the $300 I owed her for our trip to New Brunswick, so I had nothing left really. Just enough to buy a Metropass. 
            I got a call from Wayne about working on Thursday but I would have to make my way to the shop in Brampton. I called Mike and left a message for him to call me in the morning about giving me a ride. 
            I watched TV. My place was getting a little cleaner. 
            That night I roasted a duck and baked a cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment