Sunday 2 January 2022

January 2, 1991: My daughter didn't recognize my voice but it was nice to hear her breathing and slobbering into the phone


Thirty years ago today

            On Thursday I was supposed to meet Mike at 7:00. I caught the first Kingston Rd. bus up to Victoria Park Station and then took the next Victoria Park bus up to Finch. I was twelve minutes late to meet Mike but I was an hour early for work. I sat in Gino Scarpelli's office, read the paper and slept for a while before going out with Peter and Jim Johnson. We moved somebody from Unionville to Alliston. There was no tip when we were done but they fed us sandwiches, cookies and beer. It was a long trip so we got back quite late. Jim dropped me off near where the Steeles bus turns in the west end and I caught it there. I got home at around 22:00 and called Mike about getting another ride to Brampton on Friday. 
            I watched TV and worked on projects. 
            I called Nancy and talked to my daughter. She didn't recognize my voice but it was nice to hear her breathing and slobbering into the phone. I wasn't seeing her enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment