Tuesday 25 January 2022

January 25, 1992: I discovered some slides of China taken by the customer's late husband and told her that they are very valuable


Thirty years ago today

            On Saturday morning I met Mike LaGrangeur up around Eglinton and Royal York and Peter showed up a little later. We moved an elderly lady with the help of her middle-aged children. She was only moving a little further south on Royal York and so we went to Bert and Ernie's on Bloor Street in that area for lunch. By accident, I discovered some old black and white slides of China taken by the woman's late husband. I told her that they are very valuable and so she should hold onto them. We didn't get a tip but there was beer for us at the end. 
            I took the bus to Royal York Station. On the way home I got a lottery ticket, a newspaper, and a coffee. 
            Later I watched TV and the lottery draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment