Tuesday 18 January 2022

January 18, 1992: Bill showed up with Shane, not his son Shane but his son Shane's friend Shane because Bill's son Shane didn't show


Thirty years ago today

            On Saturday at 9:00, I was at the building of the apartment we were supposed to move but I couldn't get in because I didn't have the code. I borrowed a phone at the cleaners across the street and got the customers' last name and they buzzed me in. I was in the apartment when Bill showed up with Shane ten minutes later. Not Bill's son Shane but Bill's son Shane's friend Shane because Bill's son Shane didn't show. It was a young couple with a baby who'd never moved before and so the boxes weren't very well packed. 
            I stupidly broke a small antique. I'd had it on a dolly along with some other stuff but it was not a flat dolly and it didn't have a pulling strap. When I was pushing it over the lip on the threshold of the door the antique fell against the wall and broke. 
            We moved them into their first house. We didn't get a tip but I don't think we would have gotten one anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment